Friday, December 26, 2014

It was from Santa

My favorite part of today was during gift opening, as the kids took turns opening their gifts, Lochman announced he'd be right back and he ran downstairs to the basement. Something he never does alone as he's usually "scared". But on Christmas the excitement must have overcome his fears. He was gone just minutes and came running upstairs with a green paper with a single pink flower sticker attached to it. "Merry Christmas, mommy" he said as he handed me the paper and leaned up on his tip tee toes with puckered lips. I leaned down, kissed him, took my present and said "thank you". 
Later in the evening I was thanking him for my thoughtful gift he took time to make me in the hustle  of opening his own gifts. He looked at me and said, "mommy, that gift wasn't from me, it was from Santa". Santa told me to give it to you. He made it for you. 
It is in this season that magical things happen. Not just for the children, but it's magical for us, the parents too. It's magic to see Christmas through the eyes of children and to be apart of their little hearts and souls who believe. They just believe without question. And they remind us how special and selfless this season is. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment