Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Guilt and Money

I asked Paul to kiss me before he left and he said he refused to "guilt kiss me". So of course I asked him what he was guilty of or was he trying to tell me I was guilty of something? He wasn't really sure which was the right answer and was just really trying to be funny. So he said he really didn't know. I was probably guilty of being too expensive. So, of course I said it was fine for him to just get rid of me if I was too expensive for him and as he thought about it for a minute he decided that I would me more expensive if he got rid of me. Of course he is just kidding, but he has a good point. Me and three kids cost a lot of money! YIKES. It was so much easier when we both worked and made lots of money and didn't have any kids to spend it on...just us. Those were good years and honestly, I'm so glad we had them together to fall back on. It may be a long, long, long time before we can spend any money on oureslves again. We now have 3 college funds to save for, 3 additional mouths to feed, sports to pay for and who knows if they end up in private schools. A house big enough, clothes...and it is endless. It's a good thing we have enough love in our house to pick up where the money ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment