Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Being a MoM means I'm ready to join the circus

The twins have made me many things. Becoming a mom of multiples is just one of them. I think they have prepared me to join the circus. I could really do a number of jobs required in a circus. Call me a lion tamer, a professional juggler, a tight rope walker. Actually, I think they may have prepared me enough to go to the olypics as a ping pong pro.

As a professional juggler I can juggle two infant babies and a toddler just barely two years old. I can hold a baby in one arm while I manage to still use both hands and change the other babies diaper. I can feed a baby a bottle while burping the other and the whole time playing horsey with my two year old on my leg. I can nurse one while bouncing the other while I stand and spin in circles with my 2 year old on my back.

The twins have prepared me to be an amazing ping pong player. I pass them back and forth between their cribs, my shoulders, my hips, their bouncy chairs, their swings, my boobs, their boppys and their play mats, never dropping a single one. As soon as I put one down, I pick the other up.

And let me not forget to tell you that I have also evolved into Elasta Girl since they've been born. If I have left a burp cloth or a blanket out of reach for the average person, I have learned to extend my rib cage out, twist my arm a way I never knew it went, stick out my leg further than ever before to reach it with the tip of my pinky finger or toe.  Somehow I stretch just to where I need to without having to get up with all 3 kids on my lap.

I also feel like a clown many times I leave the house and I get so many stares and questions. "Are all those children yours?" Usually it is a "bless your heart" or a "you've got your hands full". I should say, "yes I do. Would you like to watch me throw them in the air and juggle them for you?" Since at this point I probably could without ever dropping one. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow mommy of twins, I completely understand. As a mom of 4, I understand the even greater job of balancing all of them! Following you from Bloggy Moms, and would love for you to visit me at http://www.thejoyfuljungle.com and at Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/thejoyfuljungle

    Oh and by the way, if you make sure to add the http: part before you put your link on pages like bloggy moms, they will turn to hot links and it will make it easier for people to visit your page!

    ReplyDelete