Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Boob Jobs and "other" Jobs

We were eating dinner (which means I was nursing a baby, feeding another baby a bottle, threatening my two year old if she didn't sit down I was going to put her back in her high chair, and trying to eat my dinner at the same time) and the news was on. I heard something on the news about breast implants. They were saying, if you have had one then these are the signs you should look for...and they listed about 10 things. I noticed my husband was intently watching the news and since my attention wasn't totally on the TV, as I was a little preoccupied, I asked him what were they talking about. And he told me that they are saying how great breast implants were and that every woman who has had them is happier and healthier than ever before, "They are encouraging women to get them," he said.

Man, men are dumb sometimes! And sometimes we have to tell them. So I did.

And his response was so convincing as he said, "well, I'm just telling you what they said, if you don't believe me you should have listened for yourself."

Haha! yeah right because I have so much time these days to watch TV! Paul likes to rent moves OnDemand and I love that he does and thinks of me, "Babe, I got this one for you, it's a chic flic". I'm flattered. But I never get to watch them. :( It's just that season in our lives right now. Where most of my day is spent in a dark nursery with a sound machine on rocking and feeding babies. I wouldn't change it for the world, but it does have it trying moments. When I told Paul I was a little busy doing other things he said, "yep, you are busy doing YOUR JOB." and of course, he gave a little sarcastic smile with it. But he's right. It is my job and it's a job that I love...for now! I couldn't do it for the next 30 years, but I can do it for the next year...and then they will be one year older and my job description will change and I'll do that job for however long I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment