Friday, July 1, 2011

A typical night

Not every night is like this but typically this is how it goes:

6:30/7pm -  babies get a bath. get jammies on and lotion with a little baby massage.
7:30 pm - if babies are being playful they may play for a while and I will try to bath my 2  year old. Otherwise my husband baths her.
8:00 pm - feed babies together and rock them to sleep. My husband puts my 2 year old to sleep.
9:00pm - usually one baby has fallen asleep.
9:30 pm - second baby has fallen asleep. Both are asleep for about 30 minutes
10:00pm - first baby who fell asleep has now woken up and wants to eat more. So I feed one.
10:15pm - second baby who fell asleep is now awake and wants to eat more. So I feed two.
10:30pm - both babies finally asleep and I take a shower.
11:00pm - I'm in bed with a chit-chatty husband who I yell at 3 or 4 times that I just need to go to sleep but I love him. This never works. He always falls asleep before me as I am restless, but so tired. I get mad because he is snoring and I am the tired one.
11:30/12 - I've hopefully fallen asleep
1:30am - First baby wakes up, usually my little boy who is smaller and still likes to eat every 3 hours. I nurse him if I have milk, but get self conscious that I don't have enough milk so after nursing I offer a bottle. Then I burp him forever because he has reflux and if I lay him down too early he is right back up.
2:30am - Baby is back asleep and I go to bed
3:30am - Next baby is awake. She is a fast eater and by 4:00 am she is back asleep and so am I.
4:30/5am - First baby is now back awake and wants to eat again. If I have milk, I will bring him in our bed and nurse him while I sleep. If he doesn't settle I will fix him a bottle and then once he is finished, next baby is up.
5:30am - Second baby is up. I put first baby back in his crib and bring her in my bed to nurse her while I sleep.
7:00am - my two year old wakes up
8:00am - first baby wakes up for the day and I always wake the second baby with him so they can stay on the same schedule throughout the day.

the rest of the day: tired momma

No comments:

Post a Comment